1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
1⁄4 cup molasses, fancy or cooking
Granulated sugar, for coating, optional
- In a bowl, whisk egg, then whisk in oil and molasses. Stir in mix. Dough will be very dense. Refrigerate to chill and firm, about 20–30 min or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Using scant tbsp as a guide, form dough into balls. If dough gets too soft, refrigerate again to chill. Roll balls in sugar to evenly coat, if using.
- Arrange balls 1” apart on pan. Bake until cookies crack on top and edges start to set (they’ll still be a little soft), about 10–12 min. Let cool on pan 5 min, then transfer to Cooling Racks.
- Store in airtight container, at room temperature, up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Before starting, place Sheet Pan line with Sheet Pan Liner in the fridge to chill.
Don’t overbake cookies—the edges should just be set; they’ll continue to cook once they rest in the pan. This will keep them moist and chewy.